My husband is making more money now and I think he is getting cocky!!

Is this normal? Should I be worried? Is he cheating? Or am I paranoid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• sometime with more money comes more attitude. when it comes to cheatin is he giving you any signs that may point to that?
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 10:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• That is quite the loaded question without much history behind the questions.

Sorry can't help!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:14 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think this happens to every guy, once they do good for themselves...just let him be proud of himself for a little while then if he doesn't go back to normal I would say something. Unless he's just being really obnoxious now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• What does making more money,,,,have to do with having an affair? Like MOMCAKES said. Is he showing signs he is having an affair. Acting cocky does not mean CHEATING.

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I made more money than my DH throughout the first 3 years of our relationship. I lost 4 dollars an hour when I quit my job to take another and now I am a SAHM. Every now and them he gets a little cocky. I check that chit at the door but it is there from time to time. It is a man's ego being fed. Remind him a few times of the life that you provided previously and he will realize that it does not matter who is making what as it is about what is best for the family.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:24 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It means that he is feeling good about himself, mainly. It means that he feels that he is respected at work and in general because his hard work is being acknowledged by the increase in pay. For him to be showing more self-confidence and pride is as it should be.  The cockiness aspect may cool down in time when he comes down off of cloud 9.

Answer by Bmat at 10:27 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• as soon as i became a stay at home mom and my SO was making more than me (in our history he was always borrowing from ME) suddenly he became mr. bossy. telling me what to do and how to do it. i can't really offer any advice though since mine has yet to snap out of it
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• NO! it is very normal for a man to feel cocky when he makes more money than his wife. My does, too. Well, then I remind him every time that where the hell does your money go if you make so much? How come I have more money saved up when I only make less than you? How come I drive a nicer car than you when you make more money? And I remind him that I just graduated college 2 years ago. My career has not taken off yet. And it doesnt matter because it all goes in the same pocket and that is my pocket!!!!!!!!! LOL.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• For the first ten years of my marrage I was a SAHM. I cleaned houses and babysat to earn extra money. Hubby thought he was king since he brought home the bacon so to speak. Fast forward to now, I make more money. He doesnt say a word now. And in fact is thankfull that we can make our lives better by my paycheck. Never ever will I say a word about it. But the table can be turned at any moment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Mine did that when he got a promotion, he was also more tired and stressed...so I am sure that didnt help with his attitude. I can remember vividly once when I wanted to talk to him when we were getting ready for bed about his attitude and he said to me, "Just shut the fuck up so I can get some sleep and go to work for your dumbass!" He got fired about six months later and humbled himself completely. Now he has a job again that makes him happy, but I am much more confident and he knows it so I just keep my distance and keep busy so we dont fight
    Anonymous