My boyfriend mom doesnt like me should i break up with my guy

We been together over 7 years and just last year we went through hardtimes we ended up not speaking and he was telling his friends family including mom about me in the wrong way out of anger. He only told highlights. His last girlfriend.... his friends liked her including mom. Im just wondering should I continue this because I feel stupid? If you ever said words out of anger would you go back to fix it? Also is it wrong to contact a guy first

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Aug. 7, 2012 in Relationships

• I would say try to iorn it out first and go from there.. if it seems like the two of you are moving apart the maybe you guys need a break.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:31 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• We still together its just peoples opinionz
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• It really is just what others think.. but what does he really think.. i don't care how mad a person can get an ex should never be brought up.. There is a reason their an ex..
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:42 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• The opinions of others are unimportant. What matters is whether he is influenced by those opinions. HIS actions are what counts here.

Why do you ask about contacting a guy first? If you're together there's no reason for anyone to be first or last. And seriously, it doesn't matter who contacts whom first.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• What kind of things did he say about you? Were they true or were they lies? It doesn't matter if he was angry or not if the things he said were lies, he's a liar, and he's not the kind of guy I'd want to be with. If they're true, and you were in the wrong, then if you really care about him, you need to face the music and decide if these things can be repaired, and if you are willing to take the judgement of other people while you work to repair your reputation.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:56 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• Thank you guys and no his ex was never brought up to me I already had heard of her through Facebook and we wasn't friends on there and the lies was false. I was around even when he told one because people wanted to get nosey
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:31 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• Well, if he values his mother's opinions very strongly, then it could be an uphill battle. You have to decide if it's worth it.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:29 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• If my ex went around telling lies about me after we broke up, there is no way I'd take him back.

But, I also wouldn't be going by other people's opinions on whether or not I would be with him. If I wanted to be with him and he wanted to be with me, that should be all that matters. You can't go around life always worrying about what everyone else thinks.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:07 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• My initial thought was why would you want to throw away a 7 yr relationship just because his mother now doesn't like you? But then I read some of your responses to others. So he told lies about you to his family and friends and now many of them don't like you? I see two problems here: one is that if lied this time when you fought/separated, he'll do it again the next time. The other is that if he is willing to lie ABOUT you (and with you there, if I read your one response correctly!), he will lie TO you - if he hasn't already. I'm not sure I could work that out. If you really want to try to work things out, I think you'll probably have the best luck if you find a couples/marriage counselor to help you two learn how to communicate appropriately with and about each other.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:20 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• "he was telling his friends family including mom about me in the wrong way out of anger. He only told highlights."

Partial truths are still lies.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 9:47 AM on Aug. 7, 2012