Is it better to be pregnant in the winter or the summer?

I thought it was the winter...but ugh either its dry skin or hormones my skin neeeed summer!

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 10:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I couldn't care less when I'm pregnant, as long as I have a healthy baby!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 10:19 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I SAY THE SUMMER...THAT WAY YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LUG AROUND ALL OF THAT EXTRA WEIGHT IN THE SUMMER AND HAVE EXTRA WARMTH IN THE WINTER, LOL.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• omg ok star
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 10:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My son was born in July and I felt like a fat sweaty pig all the time. Plus I had MAJOR swelling and I think the heat made it worse. I had beyond canckles. My legs were swollen up to my thighs!
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 10:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my first was due on xmas and my second was due mid aug. i thought it was MUCH harder being in the third trimester during the most humid and hot time of the year. when not pregnant i get cold easily and love the heat, but while pregnant i just couldn't get comfortable in the summer, and couldn't sleep. of course i think it depends where you live and what month you're due. i think any trimester but the last would be tolerable during the summer.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would say for your last trimester to be in the winter... i had an august baby and i was so miserable... i lived in our swimming pool..
    i live in louisiana so it gets extremely hottt!!!
    but everyone is different.
    MiLeesMommy08

Answer by MiLeesMommy08 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I had my son in August of 08 - I was MISERABLE. I was totally swollen and had worse than cankles too, so the 'cute summer dress' was NOT an option, lol! I was hot, sweaty, huge, ugh - just plain miserable. I defnitely hope to do my third trimester in any other season besides summer. You don't know hot til you are 9 months pregnant in 90 degree whether.
    nichvegas-mommy

Answer by nichvegas-mommy at 10:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• IMO. Get pregnant in the summer and then when your getting big pregnant, it will be winter. Being big pregnant in the summer is terrible.

Answer by louise2 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I got lucky with both babies haha. The first one was due in Jan so I spent my last trimester in fall/winter of FL.

This baby is due in may so I bypass summer in KY being pregnant. Yay :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:30 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I was pregnanat from March until November of '08 and those hot days really got to me.
    LND

Answer by LND at 10:39 AM on Feb. 4, 2009