Best way to help clear up diaper rash, caused by diarrhea.

I'm looking for some advice..I've been using corn starch so far, I also have sudocreme. I'm wondering what I can do to make his bum feel better, is a wet cloth better then wipes?? And what creams did you have luck with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My ped gave me this I call receipe for a diaper rash:
    Boudreaux's butt paste
    Mycolog (this is a prescription)
    Aquaphor
    Mylanta or Maloxx plain
    Mix 1/2 tube of each & pour small amount of maloxx plain
    apply mixture 4-6 times per day

If she if formula fed 5 days of Isomil DF or plain Isomil
    Bath the area w/ hibiclense or anitbacteria soap w/ like warm water rinse very well and air dry very good before appling above ointment.
    I will tell you this really works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gran1954

Answer by Gran1954 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• lansinoh breast cream believe it or not. I hear they now make a diaper rash ointment also. try it.
    MomToFour247

Answer by MomToFour247 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• thanks...I've never heard of it, I hope they make it in Canada!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Desitin, How long has baby had diarrhea? How old is baby?
    If baby is taking solids, like an older infant or toddler try a brat diet, bannans, rice applesauce and toast and yougurt. If baby is very young or even your older baby and the diarrhea has been going on more than a day or so, call the doc.
    Good luck and I hope this helps.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:39 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• the stuff that worked the best for me is letting them air out and then putting on Bordeaux's butt paste or "badass booty balm" (both all natural and smell really good! unlike the other stuff people suggested to me that smelled like fish and didn't seem to work). if they're not mobile yet, just place a towel under them while they play for a little while to air them out to catch any pee or poop that might happen. it's worth the possible tiny mess just to let their bum air out a bit.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If you cannot find the desitin brand, any diaper cream w/ zinc oxide should help.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• he's 8 months old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I have used burnt flour on my niece. Sounds weird but works!!
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• he's had diarrhea for 2 full day's today is day 3..I made the mistake of giving in, and giving him his night feed's which was about 6 oz's total of formula..I'm wondering if I should get him some alsoy formula or if that's not something I should do till he's been having diarrhea for more then 3 days. His Doc doesn't even recommend Pedialyte I called telehealth and they said of course to give it. So he's on that for today. and the BRAT diet minus the rice unless I can get it to be really mushy by over cooking it, he's not used to chunky anything. I have been giving him oatmeal, banana and peas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I recommend Triple Paste for severe diaper rash. I'd check with the doctor, just to make sure it isn't fungal. If it is, they'll rx you something.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 4, 2009