Doctor suggested that I take baths with my preemie... how the heck do I manage that safely?

I didn't ask at the time because I hadn't thought it through at that point. Seriously, how would you do that?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 10:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Susie, yep.... perfect... I am going to do that now. Thanks!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 10:49 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Oh easy. Fill up the tub and hold the baby. or get a little water proof sling/wrap. Also they make little bath seats, that we used. You can get it at wal mart for like 4 dollars and it reclines and the baby can rest on that. :) we bathed all the time with our daughter and she loved it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I used to put my babies in their diapers wrapped in a towel in the bouncy seat right outside of the tub. I would get in and bathe, then reach over and pick up baby. Bathe and cuddle baby (sometimes nurse!), then wrap up and put in bouncy seat, then I would get out and dry us both and dress us. Does that help?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 4, 2009