Please help, daughter has a really, plugged up nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know of something that can help my dd to get some rest her nose is so stopped up, I used saline solution, she sleeps in her swing and nothing seems
to help. If you know of anything else I can tried, I would appreciate it.

Gran1954

Asked by Gran1954 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aside the saline, there's not much else you can do. A lot of people put breastmilk up the babies nose...you can try that if you are BF(although it never worked for my kids). YOu can also try putting your LO in the bathroom with you while you take a shower or are just running the hot water. The steam can loosen up the mucous a little.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• She needs to sleep with her head propped up. DON'T DO THIS WITH A PILLOW. You can put a pillow UNDER one end of the crib mattress to prop her up. Or let her sleep in the swing. A cool mist humidifier can help too. Keep using the saline and the nasal aspirator.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 10:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Steam in the bathroom and suction.
    saline drops and suction.
    Humidifier (steam or cool mist)
    Tylenol for discomfort.
    Elevate her head. (we folded a towel under the mattress)

Just don't suction too often. It can cause the nasal passages to swell and make it more difficult to breathe....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• everyone else has great ideas.. exactly what I would tell you.. prop the mattress, use a humidifier, tylenol if she really cant sleep

I would also suggest some Vicks Vapor Rub
    if it stays really bad take her to the doc and ask them about 1. Children's Benadryl- my doc recommended .25mL at bedtime only
    2. a nebulizer and albuterol treatments- they really seem to help especially if its RSV.. get her checked for that too if it doesn't clear up soon!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my little girl is going thru this right now too..
    Along with suctioning out her nose with the bulb thingy..
    Doc told me to use the cool mist vaporizor.
    Some VICKS on her lower chest
    And if it lasted more than 3-4 days to bring her in.
    It's been since sunday - and she's finally clearing up.
    Mine is 5 months old. - good luck to you and yours.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i take my lo to the bathroom and run hot water seems to help alot, and they have a baby vicks that we also use, i put it on the bottom of her feet and put socks on her. . . it sounds crazy but it works. my mil told me to do it and it worked wonders. just a thin layer is all you need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• What TiccledBlue said.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2009