Would you ever use a in home drop in day care?

I am starting a drop in daycare. I just wanted to get some feedback from stay at home moms and ask if you would ever use a drop in day care? Its a safe place for you to drop your kids off for a few hours so you can go get your hair done, or go to the store or anything you might want to do for yourself. It is also a great way to let your kids interact with other children without having to go to day care everyday. You have no commitment you can call and schedule a day for them to come without having to commit to the whole week. You only bring them and pay for the days you need. what do you think? Is this something you would do?

Thanks
Stacey

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• You know what I'd really like to see..... A drop in sick child day care. Sometimes the day care overracts to diarhhea and fevers (usually teething related) and won't let the kids back for a day or so. Even pink eye is a problem for us. It's almost always bacterial and responds to the eye drops quickly (only once was it viral and she got it *from* the day care. When the drops work, none of the other kids get it from her). Obviously I would bring a child who is throwing up or truly sick. But it'd be nice to have a sort sick, maybe just cranky, day care is being stupid and I can't afford to miss work kinda of place.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Oh, but to answer your question, sometime like that would be nice. I have a regular day care, but there are work at home moms that just need a few hours to get a project done or to run a few errands. I know there is a place here that does it, but there are not many.

Would it have evenings hours? it can be hard to find baby sitters sometimes. Or weekends?
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• No offense but I would not leave my boys with someone I don't know.
    LND

Answer by LND at 11:01 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• my two kids that used daycare were all inhome care. I would love to find a homedaycare provider that would allow me to drop off when the need arises. For doctor appointments, if I'm sick the occassional time I need to go into work early. It would be a god send. I think it's a great idea.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My kids never had a babysitter. If I couldn't take them with me I didn't go.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My Sister(she is 3) and My Son(when he gets here) Will both use an at home daycare. My Sister Has been going here since she was 1 and loves it. there is only one other child that is there on a daily basis with her and the rest just drop in from time to time. I think they are fantastic, but i would only use an at home daycare center that was either !. trusted by another friend or @. You knew the person running the daycare personally.
    JacquiV

Answer by JacquiV at 11:09 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I take my daughter to 2 of them. I work and she is in first grade. We live in a small town so it is all people we know and they are both certified. They each have a few kids that are their everyday, but they are not full. I call and use them on snow days or school holidays that I don't get off work. It is wonderful!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'm a sahm and I would love to have something like that available to me. Usually I just take my kids where ever I go, or my MIL watches them, but once in a while I'd rather drop them off where there are other kids while I run some errands or something.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If I were a SAHM I think this would be a great option, you'd be like an on-call babysitter...the issue is gaining strangers trust....not sure how to go about it, but if there was someone in my town that my kids like and I trusted and the price was right, I would definitely use this service. Good luck!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• As long as the person caring for my kid is certified and knows CPR and I got to know them, yes, I would use that service.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2009