Why can't men ever admit when they are wrong?

HisMomsADiva

Asked by HisMomsADiva at 10:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Ego...but hell I can't admit it either! It takes humility on both parts.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Not all men are that way...and if they are I too believe that it is an ego thing.
    My SO has no problem saying he was wrong...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• all depends on the guy. maybe im just lucky...my fiance admits when hes wrong...once i point it out that is
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 10:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The same reason women can't just let it go.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• This is a good question, and when I read it I thought hey that's right, the men in my life can't admit when they are wrong! So I was surprised at Dannee and MomCakes' answers LOL! So maybe it isn't a guy thing after all. It can be hard to admit when you are wrong because we like to make excuses to save face. When I mess up, I look around and come up with reasons that I couldn't help but make a mistake, even though in the end I know it was my own fault. I am thinking that it may be instinctive to believe in yourself. Once you stop believing in yourself you wither up inside. There's another question on CM this morning about the husband with the raise being cocky- it could be that he was actually withered and is now blooming.

Answer by Bmat at 11:05 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Duh....because they are never wrong! LMAO.... IDK maybe it has something to do with then never taking directions. If they don't hear the instructions then they don't have to do anything any way except their own way..... which we all know is the right way, right? My DH is never wrong either... literally... the man acts like he's one rivet shy of a stable bridge.... but when the chips are down, he's usually right and I'm the one that's wrong. LOL
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2009