Where does the model home furniture go after they sell the house?

I live VA. Visited a model home yesterday just to get an idea of house they set up their houses. Gives me great ideas to decorate and furnish mine. I asked the lady there that where does the furniture go after they sell those houses. She told sometimes the owners buys the house with furniture and if not it goes to their next model home site. But that's rare because most of the time owner prefers to bring their own furniture and in other case other homes sites have a different lay out and the furniture in the pervious house does not look that appealing in the new one. So mostly they sell it for cheap price. She had no idea how and where they sell it.
Anyone in real estate side knows anything about this? Where do they sell it? And if online, which website?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Aug. 7, 2012 in Home & Garden

• They have these places that rent them out sort of like rent to own but they only rent them out for places to do model homes. The usually sell them at a discounted price
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:13 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• Depends on the builder. Some will sell the house totally furnished. Some will pull the furniture to use in their next development, some will sell the furniture.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• I put this into Google:
    model home used furniture, buy

lots of hits
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:30 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• I know the one in town uses it through several houses and then sells it cheap!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:48 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• Oh, and the one I know of sells it out of their warehouse. They publish an ad in the local circular when they get ready to do a big sale.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2012

• Many times the stager has gotten the furnishings from their own collections of staging furniture.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:11 PM on Aug. 7, 2012

• When they build a bunch of houses the builder brings in a decorating company. The decorating company buys the furniture and stuff and may reuse it for other model homes or may use it to stage homes for sale. You have to find out who the decorator is and ask them.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 2:58 PM on Aug. 7, 2012