900,000 Factory Jobs were Lost in 2008. Government Jobs were the SMALLEST sector of jobs lost. SO WHY?

Why are Government Jobs accounting for the largest projected increase in this Stimulus Bill?
What will happen to the empty factories and the workers?
To see 2008 job stats: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• This pkg is losing ground FAST! The Dems have loaded it down with pet projects hey couldn't get through before. They are being selfish in a time when something needs to get ACCOMPLISHED! There is no "Change" here worse than the same ole, it's the same ole while we are going down the tubes!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

•  

BECAUSE WE NEED LOTS OF GOVERNMENT TO TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE .

'CEPT FOR ME. IF THE GOVERNMENT WOULD LEAVE MY PAYCHECK ALONE, I'D TAKE CARE OF MYSELF JUST FINE!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:27 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Maybe because the government jobs are "needed" more. DH works for the gov't and this makes it seem as if he should be in the running to be laid off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I dunno, but I bet Obama has the answer. The more control the government has the happier the Dems will be.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• damn good question... appartently the government and the damn president could care lesss what happens to the factory and factory workers... here where i live we had 3 factories shut completely down leaving tons of people without jobs we have way more homeless people standing around with signs up and stuff... ugh i swear it makes me sick to think all those people are without jobs and the damn president and his "staff" are riding around in their beamers and sitting in their jaquizzis and going to their vacations... while so many helpless americans stand in line at the food bank because they can't affortd them.... oh by the way i dunno if any of yall have realized but just since o bama has been in office which is what not even a month yet? they've raised the taxes on cigs and beer maybe its just here but its def been raised!
    chloeconnor

Answer by chloeconnor at 11:38 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Obama and Dem Politicians thrive on BIgger Government. They care LESS about the private sector . It's scarey. jmo
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My husband worked for the same factory since high school and lost his job last June. He wasnt alone. His aunt, uncle and cousin all also lost their jobs. Theyd been there 20 yrs, my dh had been there 10 yrs. Nothing has been done at all to get those jobs back. They left the country. There needs to be tax breaks and incentives so these companies come back to the states. Without that they wont ever come back and why should they? They are the highest taxed companies out there.

Answer by gemgem at 11:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• choleconnor-I thought the cig tax was a state thing? But with that I don't care about it because I don't smoke and rarely ever drink beer. If I did want to buy beer I would just go buy it off a military post because there's no taxes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Factories make stuff. People don't buy stuff, economy slows, factories can't produce. DH works for the governement on a military base doing civialian police work. Lets lay him off and leave our bases completely unguarded and open. Seems like a plan to me. So the factories can continue producing products no one will buy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• thats what i was thinking anon 11:56. If my husband, uncle, and hundreds of other people were laid off that would mean there would be no one to manage the nuclear waste that has been left over from the wars. I say fire them all and let that stuff leak into the ground and rivers and kill the wildlife,
    Anonymous