How do i go about this?

My husband and i met on a blind date and knew we were meant to be. He always got me flowers, left me notes, just made me feel special. But now we are married and he thinks he doesnt have to do that anymore. Thats one of the things i loved about him. Was that i felt special. Now i just feel like an old married couple who have been together for too long and he thinks im just ever emotional and blah blah blah. i dont remember the last time i got flowers or anything. So i have stopped having sex with him to make a point but now he is just rude to me. I really love him and always will but sometimes i just feel lost. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Leave him a sweet note, give him a backrub...make him feel special. Call him while he's a work...just because. Maybe he will "get it," and treat you the same way. I mean no offense, but marriage is work. You both have to work at keeping the flame. I get what you are saying...he's not making you feel loved. Sometimes we have to take the first step at making things work.
    good2me

Answer by good2me at 11:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think that is most married men, well I know it is for mine. Have you talked to him about it in a loving way?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I don't know how stopping the sex will solve anything. You need to talk to him w/o being so emotional, it sounds. How long have you been married?
    Sometimes, men need to brush you off and then think about it on their own. They're more thinkers than talkers, whereas women are more "think while you talk."
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:24 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I feel the same way after almost 15 years of marriage. I did get flowers for my birthday back in October though. My husband shows no affection what so ever. I love to hug and kiss. When he goes to bed at night I hug him and kiss him in the bed. I don't know. I still love him though but I'm starving the affection part is all. And sex, it's been a looong time. I don't know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Wow good thing my husband isn't here reading over my shoulder or he would think I posted this question anon! So I have no advise, just support that you are not alone.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• We have been together almost 6 years now come next month. He treated me like a queen in the beginning then after we moved in together things slowly changed on his part. I have talked with him about how I missed it and need the attention like he used to be. He would change for about two weeks and then go back to the same old same old. I think over time I have just given up on that and go through day to day life. The thing is I should not have to just settle. I hope you can find and answer for you and your hubby cause I just don't have one for mine.

terri0867

Answer by terri0867 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You know what I did after a while I started buying myself flowers, candy etc. He asked why'd you buy flowers I said because I like them. I bought them for myself cause I know you are not going to. I put a stop to it right when he started acting that way.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 11:54 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Get the book Love Dare!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I agree with good2me
    MeNMy2Kids

Answer by MeNMy2Kids at 12:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I agree with the above posts that marriage is work. Once those butterflies wear off and they always do eventually it is dirty blood and guts stick it out work. Your using sex as a weapon is not going to help the situation. Do your part to keep the fire burning...then if that doesnt help you know he does not care if your relationship lasts or not. Do your half and see what happens. Also please keep in mind in this economy we are all stressed and freaking out. I would love to get flowers but he knows I love having electricity in our home and gas in our cars more.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009