Chick-filet spin off

I was listening to the radio and this woman, I did not catch who she was, made what I felt were some good points about protesting Chick-filet. I may have misunderstood her a bit, however this is what I think she said. That we get 20% of our gas from Arab countries and that in those countries the penalty for being gay is death. She also brought up that our current government included in that is President Obama who supported the Muslim Brother Hood's leader to be the President over Egypt. Which with the Muslim Brother Hood's rules are to put to death homosexuals who come out over there. So the radio lady said if one feels so strongly about gay rights, why not protest the gas stations as well as our current government for supporting those who put homosexuals to death? What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 7, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I guess she has a point, in a way. But we also can't control the whole world. We can't force other countries to do what we think is right. The point of the Chik-Fil-A protests, at least as I see it, is that people believe that gay people should have equal rights here in America. We can protest something here in America, because it (in theory) would have an effect that might make a change (in theory, the protest causes CFA to lose money, CFA has an epiphany and changes their stance). Protesting the gas stations - what does that do? Those other countries would simply find someone else to sell their product to, no real skin off their nose. Not to mention, it's not really feasible. I can skip going to CFA, there are plenty of other options to eat from. But where I live, public transportation is nonexistent, and riding a bike anywhere is not reasonable with two kids and the nearest thing 10 miles away.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:52 PM on Aug. 7, 2012

• Sounds to me that she is reaching for an excuse to support hate.

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:42 PM on Aug. 7, 2012

• HMMM- Well they also stone their women for being unfaithful & cut off hands for stealing. I think we've proven we are more humane in many ways, but still have to maintain an amicable relationship w/ some of those nations. (For peace & for their oil)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 7, 2012