I want a P&J sandwich but I was a bit afraid to buy peanut butter. What's safe?

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 11:18 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• peanut butter on the shelf at your grocery store is supposed to be safe. the company who is at the root of all of the recalls did not produce peanut butter sold by itself...its peanuts products were for cafeterias at schools, nursing homes and went into products like baked goods and candy.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My understanding was that jarred peanut butter is ok, that the recalled peanut butter all went out in large quantities to manufacturing facilities.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:20 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Peanut butter in a jar is okay. The peanut butter in cookies, crackers, dog treats even is the stuff you have to watch out for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:21 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I've been eating skippy for weeks, I would have been sick by now. It was little debby and a lot of those snack peanut butter things were the problem.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Okay thats all good to know. I even have an unopened jar of peanuts I wasn't sure about. We through out our opened peanut butter as soon as that news came out. Thanks!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:27 AM on Feb. 4, 2009