Are they going to let me adopt a dog?

Me and my DH are trying to adopt a dog from a rescue, we're looking for a Golden Retriever (or a Golden Retriever mix) because my DH already had one. I sent emails with application to different animal rescues and nobody is replying back. Is it possible that they reject us because we have kids? (a 4.5 years old, a 2.5 years old and a 13 months old). We applied for a puppy because I'm a stay at home mom and so there would always be somebody with him. We have a fenced backyard, a good job, vet reference...I really don't understand. We also look at local shelter but there were just pit bull and other breeds that I don't feel comfortable with. What should I do?

shining8250

Asked by shining8250 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 7, 2012 in Pets

• They may not have the breed you want in the shelter. Best bet is to call or go down there and take a look.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:29 PM on Aug. 7, 2012