why would you have more?

why would someone on welfare keep having kids? If you cant afford the ones you have then dont have anymore! I dont want to pay for everyone else to keep having babies with my tax money because I would love to be able to have more, but I would like to be more financially stable. I just dont understand this.

btw, I am NOT bashing anyone who is on welfare and need it. I know that mistakes happen and sometimes people get pregnant, I am talking about the people who have like 3 kids and are already on welfare but they just keep poppign them out.
so someone please tell me why??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i agree, I dont know why anyone would bring a child into this world when they donnt have the finances to do so. I agree with everything you said, I am not bashing the ones who need it tho.
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 11:50 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• haha. i am askin myself the same question. i think its ridiculous. i know you love kids but please, other people are struggling to keep you afloat. not bashing if you need it or anything because my mom is on it, but if you arent finacially stable enough to take care of the ones you have quit having more.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• No idea why they would other then the old adage where they think more kids means more cash aid and food stamps? Its really sad in my eyes when people are raised that way and to think thats all they can be. When they are raised to think because they were raised poor they will be. There is so much more out there for people willing to try.

Answer by gemgem at 11:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• So they can get more money.
    LND

Answer by LND at 12:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'm so sick of this conversation its not even funny.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• laurenkaye29, i havent seen this conversation before on here, maybe i just missed it but why are u so tired of it
    Anonymous

• Because to a welfare lifer....kids mean more money and benefits. If you have kids on medicaid then you get it until they are 18 so the more you have the longer you have insurance. Food stamps go up about 100 bucks a month per mouth you feed...more kids more stamps...this is just like child support...the more you have the more income you get per month. I am not saying it is right or bashing the poor...but it has been my experience in poverty stricken neighborhoods this is a lucrative way of life.  I have seen this first hand.  I was shocked at first but it is true.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Thank you!!!! I wonder the same thing. They need to learn to keep their legs closed and/or take birth control.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 1:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2009