How much money to take to vegas?

My friends and i are planning a trip to vegas in january. Ive never been there and dont know how much to take.

Hotel is excluded in the budget that will b prepaid and cheap since my.friends uncle runs a few hotels there.

Im not into gambling and if i were to itd be the penny slot. Lol

Food, were all going to get a bit of basic groceries sandwiches etc.

So all were really looking at is... Groceries what to soend of drinks and a little ejxtra for if we want to buy some stuff.

Its me and my boyfriend.

My friend said she usually brings 300 for herself... It will be about 5 days. Oh amd gas too because well be driving there from arizona.

any input id appreciate it! Thanks so much! : )

.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:34 AM on Aug. 8, 2012 in Travel

• I wish I cound help you but I have never been
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 3:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2012

• I'm there now. Too much is never enough. Stuff on the strip is expensive. And everyone SAYS they won't gamble, but in reality about 75% of people who visit do.
    ALSO, budget in LOTS of tip money- Valet, bellhops, housekeeping, waitresses, bartenders, etc. They rely on it, and you'll get better service
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:08 AM on Aug. 8, 2012

• as with anything, take what you can afford to 'lose/spend'..and then budget accordingly for each day.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:10 AM on Aug. 8, 2012

• Check online for what shows are playing. There are some really great ones there you, so consider adding that in.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 7:20 AM on Aug. 8, 2012

• How much do you want to spend? I would take a $1000 for food and stuff like that. And another $1000 for gambling.

Answer by louise2 at 7:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2012

• Yikes. 2000? I want to go to Vegas with you.

However much you bring be prepared to lose it all. Grocery shopping ahead of time is smart. Get tons of bottled and canned drinks and bring your own booze if you drink.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:45 AM on Aug. 8, 2012

• If you go to see some shows that could be expensive, depending on what you go see. I know you will be buying food but I'm sure you will be eating out for dinner. The buffets in the major casinos/hotels could run you about $35 - $50/ person. If you go into the casinos, valet park your car and then you only have to tip $1 - $2 when they bring you your car. It becomes really cheap parking. As non-gamblers drinking can get expensive. And remember whatever happens in Vegas doesn't really stay in Vegas. You still have to come home and pay the bills afterwards.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:17 AM on Aug. 8, 2012

• 5 days? I'd probably plan 100 a day...maybe even a little more

eating there used to be cheap -but not anymore. If you want to do things like see the Titanic exibit at the Luxor or go to the aquarium at Mandalay Bay or any of those kinds of things- they will cost you and shows aren't on the cheap side either

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:05 AM on Aug. 8, 2012

• *also what they said about money for tips- taxis (NOT CHEAP) - and if you don't gamble- drinking will cost you

so actually that 100 a day is like MINIMUM- especially for 2 people
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:08 AM on Aug. 8, 2012

• I never take less then a grand per person
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:31 AM on Aug. 8, 2012