how do you ladies feel about your husband volunteering to cook for other women????

Despite all my protests, my husband recently went to a female friend's house to cook her and her friends dinner. I am really peeved about it and he doesn't feel he did anything wrong. When they asked why I wasn't there with him, he told them I wasn't feeling well.

Stel1259

Asked by Stel1259 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• well... it depends... is your hubby known for being an awesome cook? :) maybe he thought of it as more of free catering than just cooking for another female.

did he ask you if you wanted to go with him and you just said no?

does he cook for you at home?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• that seems weird to me, I wouldnt like it either, But we own a restaurant so my hubby cooks for everyone but me! lol
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 11:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If my dh volunteered to do that I would think he really HATED the person.

Answer by gemgem at 11:53 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• LMAO gemgem :) guessing your hubby is a bad cook huh?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yeah if it wasnt for the microwave & ordering our if I werent home he would starve to death.

Answer by gemgem at 11:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My Hubs is a pretty bad ass cook, so I wouldn't mind. I trust him and know he wouldn't do anything but cook so it wouldn't a be big deal to me. NOW if they asked where I was and he said I wasn't feeling well and I was fine...I'd be pissed. Especially if he never asked me to begin with.
    Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 11:58 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• LOL gemgem that was funny.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'd be pretty mad. Is the woman married? Sounds kind of funny to me that he would go cook for some woman and her friends without asking me to come and telling them you weren't feeling well.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 12:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My husband loves to cook. But he would always bring take out to this old friend of his. She was married to his best man. That stopped as soon as I married him. Ask questions, she does not sound legit.
    Anonymous

• Well, if the invite was also for you (since the ladies asked about you) and he didn't let you know you could go too...then yeah...i'd be pissed. But if he didn't know you were invited (like they just asked if he would cook) maybe he had to cover up with the "shes sick" thing so you or he wouldn't be embarrassed about not being there.

But, in general, if hes a good cook, then I don't see anything wrong with him cooking for other people. And since the ladies asked about you, I'm sure they had good intentions when they asked him to cook.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009