What are great Texas towns to relocate to?

I am looking to relocate to TX. I am looking for a town that is not too far away from my place of employment Gymboree/Janie & Jack. Near a great Christian Church. I prefer small towns over big cities...any advice or input. All answers would be welcome.

Godgirl222

Asked by Godgirl222 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Travel

• well what large cities is your employer close to?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Small towns in Texas won't have Gymboree.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 12:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I like Katy, TX
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 1:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i have known several people move from OH to TX and they all say that Austin is the nicest place. most liberal and relaxed...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Austin!

There's both a Gymboree and a Janie & Jack in the Arboretum. If you want to live in a small town, you can move to any number of smaller suburbs (or further out if you don't mind the commute) to the north and west of Austin. I live in Cedar Park, for example, which is the first suburb to the northwest. Past me is Leander, but that's getting big now. Past that is Liberty Hill. Past that...uh...I dunno. I avoid rural. lol

All of the above are a straight shot down Hwy 183 (either toll or not, your choice) from the Arboretum, so at WORST you're looking at a 20 minute commute.

Not too shabby.

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• San Marcos is nice, its just outside of San Antonio, but still a fairly small, nicer area to live in. I grew up in Texas, and we vacationed every summer to San Marcos, and when my hubby retires from the Air Force we are looking to move back to that area permanently. There is a Gymboree in San Marcos. Also, close to San Marcos is New Braunfels, which is a really nice little town to live in.

http://www.ci.san-marcos.tx.us/

http://www.nbcham.org/visitor/
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 7:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My BF lived there and said Austin or San Antonio is the best.
    genav

Answer by genav at 11:59 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• I live in Texas and well there is a Gymboree in the Beaumont Mall and our church is a GREAT church! And we live in a small rural area. Austin area is nice and so is Katy...busy though. Have family in Austin and lived in Houston for almost 12 years.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 7:58 PM on Feb. 8, 2009

• I live in New Braunfels, which is 26 miles north of San Antonio, and 45 miles South of Austin. About 15 miles north of us is the Prime Outlets in San Marcos ,and they have a Gymboree there.

There is tons of church's here, but the only one I have ever been to is Celebrate life, and I love it.

I would check out the New Braunfels link above that April gave you, also here is the link to my church www.celebratelifenow.com check it out it is awesome!!!!!!
    dcharmingone

Answer by dcharmingone at 5:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Georgetown Texas is a suburb of Austin Texas and its wonderful. Very low crime rates. Very laid back and lots of nice people. There are nice homes, San Gabriel Park is beautiful and its a small town feel but we still have stores, a nice bowling alley and a nice movie theater and good places to eat. There is a gymboree about ten minutes from here in Round Rock. Janie and Jack is about 35-45 minutes away at Barton Creek Mall in South Austin. Hope that helps :) Let me know if you move here!!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:19 AM on Feb. 28, 2009