is there a connection between the type of area you live in and your political affiliation?

which are you?

republican- urban

republican- suburban

republican- rural

democrat- urban

democrat- suburban

democrat- rural

or other?
also specify east coast, west coast or middle america

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Id be other. I was born and raised in Southern CA, then went to college in KY, moved to VA after that, then NC and NJ and back to NC. I have lived in cities and rural areas. I am a republican.

Answer by gemgem at 12:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I meant to add the south as an option too
    Anonymous

• currently suburban democrat on the east coast, but i've certainly remained liberal while living rural and urban and while living out west
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 12:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• democrat-suburban-Fl,

We're not exactly "east" and we're not exactly "south" we're kind of our own melting pot entity which is why I think we're always a battleground state.
    Anonymous

• republican and I live in a rural area.
    Grew up in the north suburban.Watched my nice hometown and the city turn to crap

thus some of why I am republican
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Republican, rural.
    10 minutes out of a small town.

LOVE IT!
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 12:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I grew up in NYC and now live in florida. Democrat. so north and south and always a democrat
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 12:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Native Calif Liberal living in a very red area of Cali right now. Always been in the suburbs except for the 2 years I lived in rural Alabama, talk about culture shock.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I live in California land of the so far left liberal they are socialist borderline communists. I am a conservative republican. California needs a few voices of reason.
    Anonymous

• Suburban Republican, currently southwest region. Born and raised in the midwest - Michigan, lived in the south - North Carolina, lived in the not exactly south - Florida, and now live in the southwest - Texas.
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 12:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2009