how do i make the dizzy stop

I am so lightheaded and about 5weeks preggers....i never had that with my first how can i make it go away or is it something I just have to live with?

LOVE2bMOMMY525

Asked by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i was prego with my daughter i never got dizzy but now im prego with my son and to me its just gets worse i just sit down and close my eyes for a min and it helps me
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i would eat some crackers or something small and lay down and shut my eyes
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 12:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• it may mean your iron is low. i get dizzy in the shower alot your best bet is to sit down or lay down and just relax until it goes away. if not just talk to your doctor and ask them to check your iron levels if the sitting and resting doesn't help i'm 16 weeks 3 days and i still get way dizzy. and i've found that shutting my eyes makes it worse but everyones different give it a shot :]
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I am having this issue too but only when I stand up after sitting, like every time. But I've been anemic all my life, I go to the doctor next week, too see if I still am.
    MattysWoWMoM

Answer by MattysWoWMoM at 1:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• are you eating enough? anemic? drinking enough water? sit down every time you start feeling dizzy. That only happens to me when I am very hungry or thirsty.
    Anonymous

• The thing is I am eating plenty and drinking plently and getting normal amounts of sleep. I have never been anemic before and I have taken daily vitimans since I had my first son. I just got extremely dizzy this last week of my pregnancy and it is ALL the time. I constantly feel like I am going to pass out.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Your blood pressure drops a little bit during pregnancy which can make you dizzy. All you can do is just sit down and put your head down or lay down fora little bit. Get up slowly...drink more fluids and sometimes they will tell you to increase the salt intake...but talk to your doc about it first!
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 1:50 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• There is an all-natural product out called DizzyStop that is for dizziness and nausea. It is safe for pregnancy but as always they say you should consult with your doctor before use.
    idealromance

Answer by idealromance at 9:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2009