what's the easiest way to potty train a 28 month old boy?

i'm having a dilemma i had 2 girls first so i have never potty trained a boy before he is ready to do this but it seems like he's afraid of the big toilet and he won't go in it is there anything i can do to incurage him to go in the big potty of do i have to buy one of the little potty's
?

butterfly8408

Asked by butterfly8408 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• BUY THE LITTLE POTTY. THE CHILD SHOULD ALWAYS BE ABLE TO TOUCH THE FLOOR OF ANY SIZE POTTY. IF U WANT TO USE THE BIG POTTY I WOULD LOOK INTO THE STEP STOOLS THAT THEY MAKE TO REACH THE BIG POTTY. I ALSO THINK THAT MOST BOYS SEEM TO HAVE MORE CONTROL AT 32-36 MONTHS. MAYBE STILL TOO SOON FOR YOUR SON. I HAD MY GIRL DONE AT 15-18 MONTHS.
    mom889606

Answer by mom889606 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• buy the little potty. it's like $12 at walmart.
    Anonymous

• Either buy a little potty or wait until he gets over his fear.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• thats kindof funny cause my 2 year old son is afied of the small potty but u sould try taking ur son to the store and let hem pick out a step stol and a potty set and explan to hem that they r 4 the big potty and big boys go potty on the big potty well hope i helped good luck
    r.i.proby213

Answer by r.i.proby213 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I bought those diapers that had a lining so my son could feel the results of peeing in his pants...it bothered him and put an effect with the cause.

Someone said once...let him run around in the yard naked..in the warn weather of course...I never tried it though.
    sarah4303

Answer by sarah4303 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I agree with the step stool. You could also try to put Cheerios in the toilet and make it a game to help relax him. I also took my ds in the bathroom while his dad was going, one time he peed right on the floor watching him...LOL
    Mom2two518

Answer by Mom2two518 at 8:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009