can u take fenugreek and drink milk tea?

i am taking 2 pills of fenugreek(610 mg a piece)a day,today is the second day, but i also have a few boxs of mothers milk tea and a box of milkmaid tea is it safe to drink the tea while i am taking the fenugreek?

cherise8706

Asked by cherise8706 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • no, that would be too much fenugreek since it's the active ingredient in the tea
    Anonymous

• You actually aren't taking enough fenugreek to be helpful. You usually need about 12 caps/day to see any benefit from it (3 caps, 4 times/day) I don't know how much fenugreek is in the tea... but adjust the dose based on that. The dose is around 7 grams (7000 mg)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i take both but I take a pill thats called Lactation Blend so it has more than just fenugreek in it and I take Mothers milk organic tea. it seems to be helping. good luck.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I did. Nothing happened. LITERALLY nothing. I guess it didn't work for me!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'm not really sure about the fenugreek(though I'm fairly certain you aren't taking enough, ask in the BFing support group) but the tea alone helped me a lot. It actually helped too much and I had to stop drinking it at one point. Ii just had too much milk and was leaking everywhere. I was drinking maybe 4 cups a day.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• sorry i just read what i wrote..i am taking 2 610 mg pills 3x a day
    cherise8706

Answer by cherise8706 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2009