Do you know where ther are free preschools in vero beach, fl ?

all the preschools that i see in the phone book you have to pay for i know when i was in preschool it was free.

chrholland

Asked by chrholland at 12:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i have never ever heard of a free preschool. good luck
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 12:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Pre-school is not free, unless you count HeadStart.
    Anonymous

• I have never heard of pre-school being free either. In the state of Georgia we have a lottery-funded Pre-k program. Is that similar to what you are referring to? I don't even know if that is offered in FL.
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 2:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I've never heard of free preschool.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• We are in FL too! Yes there is free preschool for 4 year olds that will be going to kindergarten the next year. The program is called VPK (voluntary pre-kindergarten) and you can send your 4 year old to MOST preschools for 3 hours a day for free. To get into it you need to register with the Early Learning Coalition for your county. There are no income requirements, it is available to ALL 4 year olds. You also need to get on the waiting list at your school of choice. If you have a preschool near you that you think that you would like, just call them or drop by, ask if they do VPK and ask to be put on the waiting list. Then make your appointment with the Early Learning Coalition (the preschool that you like probably has the phone number and can give it to you). They will start VPK when the new school year starts. My daughter was in it last year and my son will be going next year.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• thank you so much i'm looking into the vpk program
    chrholland

Answer by chrholland at 12:06 PM on Mar. 6, 2009