Got a true love story?

Has your marriage survived things that it should'nt have? Did you stay in a marriage when everyone told you to get out and your glad you stayed? Share your love story!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Well people didn't tell us to get divorced. But a year into our marriage I began to struggle with my sexuality. I was repulsed by men and wanted to be with a woman. We decided to bring someone into our marriage (bad idea!) but little did I know, someone always gets hurt that way. Well to make a long story short, we separated for 6 months while I did the lesbian club scene. After divine intervention through prayer, my husband and I are now more in love than ever. We have a beautiful daughter and I would never consider jeapordizing our love again.
    I see women on here thinking about doing the same thing and my warning is always that it won't turn out like you both think it will. Marriage is about 3, but that 3 is 2 spouses and God.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Short version: My DH and I have survived drug addictions, physical abuse, emotional abuse, adultery, laziness, rudeness, thoughtlessness, selfishness, trust me anything that could break you up we have survived it! MIL , kids , parents, trust me everything! after all the crap I have been thru with this man and he put up with crap from me too! I thank God everyday( well maybe every other day LOL) that we survived it all. We grew and learned from our mistakes. we are not the same people we were we chose to look at our relationship and fix it but we both wanted it. I don't think we would have if we hadn't started going to church. We are not bible thumpers but we know that if you live by the rules it's more than worth it! We changed things about ourselves somethings are hard to admit you need to change! But for us it was worth it!

GRAM1976

Answer by GRAM1976 at 12:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• well i haven't been married that long but i can tell you now that i would never leave him and he would never leave me. this is a vow that we vowed to never break. i have been with an ex who was a drug addict who never had a back bone and whom i truly never loved or at least it was not a healthy love. with my new husband though it is true love and i would stand by his side through thick and thin.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• We both went through bad divorces and swore we'd never fall in love/get married again. I would tell my friends what i needed in a man in order to get into a relationship again and they always said that i could never find anyone with those standards (that was kinda my point...lol). We became friends, but only hung out every once in a while. (he was seeing someone off and on and i was just busy being single and crazy). A week before he was going to leave to move back here to Ca. he showed up at my door. We went out (as friends w/perks since he was going to be leaving..like a going away present...lol) and since he had packed all his stuff already, i offered to let him crash with me for that week. By the end of the week, we were an item. A month after he moved, he asked me to move out to be with him. A year later, we had our first son. A year after we married we had our second. It hasn't been long, but its been True Love!
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Even though were not married me and my fiance have been through alot. We started out as friends while i was in another relationship. My Fiance says he always knew he loved me but never wanted to do anything to hurt the relationship i was in at the time. Even though he loved me he'd always let me come to him with my problems with my (then) boyfriend and would always try and help make things better between us. Finally after leaving that relationship Tom and i were able to be together. We survived a long distance relationship, fears from previous abusive relationship in both our lives, other people plotting against our relationship, tryin to break us up. moving in together living at his mom's, gettin our own place and now we have a beautiful 6month of baby boy.

No matter what we NEVER go to bed angry, we always make sure eachother knows how we're feeling. and everyday tell eachother how much we love one another.
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 1:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My DF And I Have Been Through So Much. I Was Dating A Friend Of His When We Met, Who Was Cheating On Me Even Though My DF Never Told Me. I Lived With My Babies Daddy Who Was Abusive. I Had A Miscarriage. I Left With My Son And Moved In With My DF After My Ex Threw A Phone At Me, Just Barely 5 Months After Dating. I Found Out I Was Pregnant With Our Daughter. He Went To Jail For Some Bullshit He Didn't Do. We Went From Having Money To Being Broke And On Aid. I Had Another Miscarriage After Finding Out That Baby Had No Arms Or Legs. We Have Moved Several Times And Have Had Issues With Both Our Families. Needless To Say We Have Been Through A Lot But We Love Each Other And We Can Make It Through Anything.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 1:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2009