Is anyone else excited about the possability of travel restrictions being eased to CUBA?

Would love to hear your thoughts!

ljlM

Asked by ljlM at 12:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Couldn't care less. Have no desire to go there. It will make it easier for folks to see their relatives, so that'll be nice.
    Anonymous

• it will be nice that people could go see their families and take away some of the power and abuse the cuban exile got over it's own people
    Anonymous

• Not surprising. Obama will make deals with Dictators and Terrorists if he thinks it will help him.
    Anonymous

• there are known terrorist in Cuba?
    Anonymous

• Why should I be excited? I have no family there. Don't like the fact that Obama's making deals with less than stellar leaders though...

Anonymous

• That's an awful lot of trouble to let Michael Moore off the hook - couldn't they just pardon him?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• The good thing about Americans traveling to Cuba would be they could see Michael Moore was full of shit about the great health care there. The people make 8 bucks a week. They are provided their food, housing and other items from the government but it is what the government allows them to have. They cannot run to Target and buy a big screen TV they are not sold in Cuba. A year ago they were allowed to finally have microwaves and some who where friends of Castro were allowed cellphones. If you are friends of the Castor's you also will recieve the health care Michael Moore showed the rest go to the other side of the hospital for substandard or no care. Why any American would want to go there is beyond me.

Anonymous

• Unfortunately I doubt I will ever make it there, too many travel priorities and too little money. But I do think it's about time to drop the embargo. it hasn't done any good and the logic behind it is flawed. We can't work with Cuba because they are communist but China has favored nation status, makes no sense.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• "Why any American would want to go there is beyond me. "

Because if you pay cash up front they'll let you have a room on the good side where the roaches only come out at night and get your nose job for 1/3 less than in the states.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• anon 12:36 many cubans my self included get great health care when I travel there. unfortunately now I can only see my family every three years. yeah castro sucks and i don't agree with his policies but health care is one of the few good things in cuba. Great doctors and dentists. so yes I'm happy that i would be able to see my family once a year instead of every 3 years.
    Anonymous