Bus trip!

My sister invited me to go on a trip with her family. It was to be a bus trip. I accepted. She made the reservations and paid for the trip in one sum. I then wrote her a check (which she cashed immediately) to pay for my share. The tickets were e-tickets and were all on one receipt. We were to meet at the departure point where we were to board together.

Problem?

Her family was late and missed the bus! I had no way to get on the bus! I asked her for my money and she got pissed. We are not talking $20 here. We are talking about a couple hundred $.

My mom says I should keep the peace and just eat the money, but I don't think that is fair. What do y'all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2012 in Travel

• i think you should get your money back you were there and they were not
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 6:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• So she missed the bus and was out all that money for their tickets as well?! did she try and get a refund or anything or is she just out all that money? i would be pissed and want my money back as well but considering she already missed out on all their tickets... idk :-/
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• She should reimburse you.
    However, life isn't fair.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• You learned an expensive lesson. Never vacation with family! At least you will never do that again.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 9:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• She should pay you back since it was her fault you all missed the bus. Can she get a refund or get the tickets for a different date?
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 3:42 PM on Aug. 15, 2012

• She should pay you back.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2012