DD4 is often afraid to try new things, is your preschooler like this?

My DD4 is very often afraid to try new things, more so than I think is healthy. For instance, she's been invited to 2 birthday parties for kids at school and she was terrified to go. Also, we went to Chuck E Cheeses and she is terrified to try even the most basic game or ride...some things she's fine with, like she goes to ballerina class and also swim lessons, which she loves, but again, is terrified to put her head under the water....any advice?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 12:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ok my daughter ( 4 1/2) now was afraid of birthday parties..she would say that they are too noisy.
    Chuckie Cheese she would not go on alot of stuff and still won't. She will not yet put her head under the water. She loves gymnastics and outside sports. I feel that in time and watching other children she will grow out of these fears.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Thanks Dannee, it helps to hear she's not the only one...we try to encourage, but its all up to her.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009