What do i do?

Im due in Dec. and We dont know anyone that could watch our DD during delivery. Hubby and i havent really met anyone we trust enough to watch our DD since moving here. Our family is six hours away. They cant come cause my brother and sister are still in school around my due date. Besides we dont even know when its gonna happen for that matter. Our DD is two yrs old and too young for the delivery room according to the hospital. So what are we to do? What happens in these types of situations?

Shortma197

Asked by Shortma197 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2012 in General Parenting

• Can you bring your DD to your families house. Leave her their tell after the baby is born. If not your DH will have to watch her and you will have to deliver alone.

Answer by louise2 at 8:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• You could call a sitter service and have them prepared to stay for a day if necessary. There are great services out there that background check their sitters. Otherwise, I guess get to know people in your area really quick.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• My son was 4 and slept on the the pullout chair thing, in my room. No problems at all. I'd double check with the hospital
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• look for a drop off daycare
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• A little boy sat in lobby with others reading a book upside down, he was just trying to blend in while sister was being born. I know not a good idea today
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• Have your husband watch her
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:35 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• Get involved in a mom's group to meet other parents and maybe start sitting for each other. Offer to pay someone to have her for a day or two. You could check in to Mom's club and MOPS.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2012