High iron in a one year old

so my baby girl went yesterday for her 1 year well baby visit they checked her by a finger prick they checked her iron. Well the nurse called me today and it showed that her iron was a little high so I have to take her back in tomorrow to have some blood drawn to see if it comes back high again. They said she can get it from lead paint and if she has high iron we all probably have high iron. Our house is from the 1800's. If she has high iron will that hurt her? What will they do to fix her iron? They told me if it shows high again we will have to call the health department to come in and check our walls and pips and stuff so what happens if we do have lead paint? I can't afford to redo our walls.

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2012 in General Parenting

• Is she still on formula? Eating baby cereal?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• The house being old is one thing. BUT

Is her crib old or new?

Is she drinking or eating anything that is from your pipes? Do you cook her food that is made with water in your faucet? Does she drink anything that is made from water out of your faucet?
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 9:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• no baby cereal and no formula. She wasn't wanting formula for the last month since 11 months so she has only taken formula at bedtime from 11 months until 12 months which she turned 12 months on the 2nd
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• yeah,prob the iron pipes
    make her food with bottled water

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:14 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• her crib is new we bought it when i was pregnant with her. She has been drinking water with formula ever since she was born cause i mixed it. But now she has mostly water during the day that comes from the pipes. Yes she eats everything we do no baby foods.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• I would switch her to bottled water.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 9:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2012

• I didn't know that high iron could indicate lead.

Answer by Bmat at 10:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2012