Period Question- TMI?

So I just started my period this morning when I got up, it is right on time, usually start the first week of the month. Always a blessing since I am not on BC...haha. So - usually it just starts with a little, then gets heavy for the first couple of days, then is very light for the next 3 days then it is over. So I was standing in the kitchen this AM and I felt this gush like I had peed myself almost and ran to the bathroom- it was my period starting and it was a very deep dark almost brown color and very liquidy and smelled a lot like metal (iron I guess). Has anyone else ever experienced this? Mine is usually bright red when it starts, I hate to email my OB again - I feel like I bug him sometimes. I am a little crampy, nothing bad. Just wanted some thoughts! : )

cmlowery

Asked by cmlowery at 12:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Health

• My period is different everytime! So I wouldnt worry about it unless you have recently had a baby or thought you were pregnant or something like that. Dont worry about bugging you OB, thats his job! lol If you are really worried you should call.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Thanks. Mine is usually pretty predictable, but this one is just different. I have not had a baby in 18 mos and def was not trying to get pregnant. Thanks for the response :)
    cmlowery

Answer by cmlowery at 1:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If it smells bad I would bug your OB.

If they say it is fine and you haven't had a Pap in the last 12 months then I would schedule one.

I always like to be cautious with these things.
    Anonymous