Mitt Romney

How important is his choice for VP to you?

I truely felt McCain lost against Obama because he chose Palin as his running mate.

What are your thoughts?

PMSMom10

Asked by PMSMom10 at 1:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Just last month, CBS did a poll finding the VP pick matters to 74% of the electorate. You can find it along with some other polls here: http://www.cnn.com/POLITICS/pollingcenter/index.html

I think Romney's pick will make or break him.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• Romney...ugh does it really matter who he picks? I wouldn't vote for him anyway
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• I don't think Palin hurt him....the crash right before the election is what hurt him. Obama didn't win by that much of a margin with the popular vote. I think in the long run the introduction of Palin has been very good for the conservative base...like her or not...she is a great cheerleader.

There is no way in hell I would ever vote or Obama...okay well maybe if Jesus was his running mate..I don't care for Romney either. I will likely vote Libertarian...unless I feel like the Obama will win....then I will vote for Romney. I think the people would be better served if we had more to choose from than Democrats and Republicans...people to choose from with a real chance to win.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:35 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• It doesn't matter to me who Romney's choice is. There is no way I could ever bring myself to vote for Obama, but I do think his VP might make/break the deal for some other people.

Answer by missanc at 2:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• I've become a fence rider. 6 mo ago, I just wanted Obama out. But, all of the events in the last few months have left me completely unable to identify with right-wingers. However, I can't bring myself to vote for Obama. So, it's down to the VP. If Romney selects the one VP choice I'd like to see, then I'll vote for him. But, if it's just another Christian male, then I'm staying home election day.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• I don't know. I think people say it matters but in the end? Obama picked Biden. Biden's barely allowed out in public or near a microphone any more. Does it matter? I'm willing to bet there's a large contingent of voting public who can't even tell you who VP is today.

I think VP pick can matter if people are conflicted and looking for more to influence their decision. I would hope that people will make their decision after hearing what a candidate thinks on the topics and not just based on gender, religous background, race, etc.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 7:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• Hell no. Romney isn't getting my vote regardless.
    macbudsmom

Answer by macbudsmom at 10:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• I'm making my choice based on President not Vice President. Chances of the President dying are not that great. I already know which way I am voting and it's not based on the lies that both sides are throwing out there about each other.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• If he has truly narrowed it to the three we have heard, he will be fine with either of them.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:00 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• It doesn't matter to me, I'm not voting for him. I do think that picking Palin had alot to do with why McCain lost, but I don't think that's the only reason.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 2:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2012