Digital Cameras

I'm looking for a digital camera that takes really good action shots. Not only takes them and not blur, but takes them when I actually push the button, not a half second later. Obviously I would like it to take great regular pictures, but almost every camera out there nowadays will take those...I need something that will not keep blurring my daughter or completely miss the shot I want because it doesn't take it in time. And also one that doesn't want to blur everything when the flash is off if you even slightly move.

Wanting to spend preferably around $300...definitely no more than $500.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 7:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2012 in Technology

• The delay response can be programmed out on some of them. My husband did some research and ended up getting a Canon for about $300. He's been too lazy to program out the delay but it can be. My dd bought for herself a cheaper version that she got at Costco and takes the same great pictures. They have a way of taking panorama shots by taking 3 consecutive pictures and the camera combines them into a wide panoramic shot. Awesome. Her camera was <$100 at Costco.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• I am a complete believer in Canon. Right now we have a power shot SX230HS. We got it about 18 months ago, and I still love it. We will be upgrading to the Canon EOS M when it comes out in October. I believe canon has one of the best cameras out there for the price.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 9:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• ^^That's the Canon I have and it's great. I've had maybe one picture blur, but that was partially my fault (I was zoomed all the way and not holding still enough). Canon has by far been the best camera brand I've used. I think I got mine for like $200ish, but I'm not sure.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2012