ME AGAIN, with the diarrhea issue...8 month old.

I'm trying to find out if the alsoy formula is ok until my son's diarrhea is gone, due to a viral infection. The doc is not open right now! I have an after hr's service number, how ever no one has called back and it's been a while. Anyone know if it's ok due to the fact that I was told to remove all dairy, so I'm giving him alsoy...if that's ok?? A nurse said it was on Telehealth but she did say after not stopping the diarrhea after a few more days..my son wants a bottle NOW he's crying like crazy and I know that's what it is. Other jar food, banana's and apple sauce, and I did rice too..isn't cutting it with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give him the bottle. my dd just had a viral infection...she's 6 months now and i just gave her the bottle. you'll just have to let the virus pass on it's own. your LO will be fine
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• oh i didn't switch formula's either, i kept her with the milk based one.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• When I give him the formula he gets worse diarrhea. It's the dairy so that's why I want to use the soy..it's the same brand, that's all. His diaper rash is so bad that if I do give him the formula and cause his diarrhea to pick back up again, his diaper rash is going to get WAY worse.
    Anonymous