Help!!! My husband walks our dog every day and ....* I ADDED LINK TO PHOTOS*

a few days ago he noticed the people around the block were just gone. Must have been evicted and took off during the night because they went from being there to being gone. He only got nosy because he saw their 3 little dogs running under the back gate for a couple days straight. He peeked in the windows and everything is gone.

Anyways, the point of this story is that they abandoned the dogs. so this morning he calls me at 6am while on the walk and says we're doing a rescue mission. I haul my butt out of bed and we go there in our cars. He unlatched the gate and rescued 2 of the dogs. We cannot find the black one.

So, does anybody know what type of dogs these are? Also, the larger one appears to be blind in one eye - the eye is actually more like a pink ball than an eye, must have been damaged somehow.  We would prefer to find them homes or, if I know their breeds, contact a rescue. Our Bulldog attacked the bigger one so I need to get them rescued fast. I plan to bathe them but here they are:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72941547@N02/sets/72157630987633632/

if you are near the AV please adopt!

Tesserae

Asked by Tesserae at 10:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2012 in Pets

• Kudos to you!! I don't know what kind of dogs they are :(
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• left ones looks Lhasa Apso esque and right one looks like a terrier mix

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• So cute. The one facing the camera looks like a mixed terrier. The other looks like a LHASA Apso
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• I would call animal control or drop them as soon as possible at the Humane Society. They look well taken care of though. That's such a poopy thing to do to a dog
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:49 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• yeah, one is certainly one of those small dog breeds. the larger one is even clipped. they are both well-fed but now they are filthy and stink to high heaven. i guess i'll give them baths and start making phone calls... Sometimes I think it would be easier to just not care, =)
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• I don't know what they are, but I know you and your husband have wonderful hearts! Kuddos to you. This world needs more caring people like ya'll. :)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• PS. If you live anywhere near the Hill Country region in Tx, I will take them both! :)
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• @texas. i wish! I am in soCal - Lancaster to be exact. And yeah, my husband is truly amazing. we have rescued so many dogs (and a couple cats). one day I was taking the kids to school and saw 2 starving dogs trying to get food from the McD's drive-thru. I called my husband and he rushed over there and rescued them both. we were able to get them a great home together. I have so many similar stories - but yeah, he is just wonderful.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• the smaller one is a shih tzu i'm not sure what the bigger one is
    kattea21911

Answer by kattea21911 at 11:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2012