Help!!! My husband walks our dog every day and ....* I ADDED LINK TO PHOTOS*

a few days ago he noticed the people around the block were just gone. Must have been evicted and took off during the night because they went from being there to being gone. He only got nosy because he saw their 3 little dogs running under the back gate for a couple days straight. He peeked in the windows and everything is gone.

Anyways, the point of this story is that they abandoned the dogs. so this morning he calls me at 6am while on the walk and says we're doing a rescue mission. I haul my butt out of bed and we go there in our cars. He unlatched the gate and rescued 2 of the dogs. We cannot find the black one.

So, does anybody know what type of dogs these are? Also, the larger one appears to be blind in one eye - the eye is actually more like a pink ball than an eye, must have been damaged somehow.  We would prefer to find them homes or, if I know their breeds, contact a rescue. Our Bulldog attacked the bigger one so I need to get them rescued fast. I plan to bathe them but here they are:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/72941547@N02/sets/72157630987633632/

if you are near the AV please adopt!

Tesserae

Asked by Tesserae at 10:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2012 in Pets

• The red eye could be called Cherry eye and needs a vet to be treated. You're a good neighbor to rescue them. I would call the cops or animal control.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 11:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• I don't know the breed(s) either. What you describe as a pink ball for an eye sounds like cherry eye. If I remember correctly it's when the dog's eyelid gets turned inside out. It could also be from infected eyelashes. Either way, a trip to the vet can help you with breed and getting that eye taken care of.

(Damn, I watch too much Animal Cops [insert city])
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2012

• i added a link to photos of the dogs after they had a bath.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• Aww they are really cute all cleaned up! Good job to you and your dh for rescuing them! I hope you find homes for them soon :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• thank you, me too. our bulldog is being a jerk and not sharing his yard with them so I kinda need to get them places soon.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• The smaller one looks like a shih-tzu and the other one makes me think Jack Russell mix possibley. He is definantly a terrier mix. Good luck finding them homes. 

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:58 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• i actually found a home for the little one. my next door neighbor took it. one down one to go.
    Tesserae

Comment by Tesserae (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2012