marry me r not

Do u feel that if u have a baby b4 u get marry that he will never ask u to be his wife?

Mz.PhatPhat

Asked by Mz.PhatPhat at 1:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• nope our son was 2 months old when we got married. and i was already pregnate when he proposed
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• he asked me before i was even pregnant. we got married after the baby was born. he would have married me even if we wouldnt have a baby yet. ;)

asking to marry someone has nothing to do with a baby. you do it because you love someone.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• i did at first. But really it doesn't matter if you have the marriage first or the child first. If he wants to marry you he will either way.
    MomCakes

Answer by MomCakes at 1:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I feel u on that 811 but do u know or know someone that are together and happy but when the baby come a lot of things are not th same??

Cause I know my sister was with her baby father for 12 years they always talk about getting married but now when I talk to him he tell me that he is more happy now then what he every been.

Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 1:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• How I feel cause I ask a lot of ppl that and like how I try to tell them is if u marry someone it's just a paper if u feel like it will not work u can always move on but with a baby he/she is there for a lifetime and u will always have to have something to do with him/her if u like it r not
    Mz.PhatPhat

Answer by Mz.PhatPhat at 1:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My husband asked me before I got prego too. I was 4 months prego when we tied the knot.
    LND

Answer by LND at 1:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My DD was 8 months old when DH proposed and we were married before her first b-day. I don't think having a child with will keep a guy from marrying you... but it can really take some of the special moments out of getting married.

People aren't near as excited when announcing your engagement or wedding, having a big ceremony is commonly looked down on, and lots of men don't go all out on the proposal or anything like that. I'm sure this isn't the situation for all men, but it was my experience. It didn't keep him from proposing, but I feel I missed out on a lot because of it.
    Anonymous

• sorry but I may be a little old fashion. If he is willing to knock you up, shouldn't he be willing to marry you first? I don't understand why everything is becoming so backwards these days. I understand that "accidents" happen but, if you are already in a committed relationship shouldn't marriage come first?
    Mom2two518

Answer by Mom2two518 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2009