Your kids current bikes

curious on where you got them and why?

Due to their massive height spikes they both got new bikes this year (ages 6 and 7 1/2) we wanted to get Trek brands from the local mom and pop bike shop but OMG the prices were insane.

daughters bike is from toys r us only because walmart and target didn't carry an 18 inch wheel, which is what she needed. sons is from target because I stalk them and know when stuff gets clearanced. I got the freestyle 20" of his dreams from 159.99 to 109.99 by being patient

before these they had whatever walmart character bikes were available

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 12:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2012 in Shopping

• mine dont have them yet
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 12:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• my kids are to young for bikes but My hubby got his a good old walmart lol
    supgrl87

Answer by supgrl87 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• DS got his latest bike at Wal-Mart. It was on sale for $80. He loves it, it is still a little big for him, but we are working with it.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• Toys r us.. because we wanted to
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• Wal-Mart. It was a princess bike and that is what she wanted. When she grows out of this one, I think she'll choose a regular non-character bike.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• Toys R Us.Only because we traded in his old one when they ran their trade in specials
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• My husband built the ones for my 11 and 12 yo's out of spare parts. My dh used to be an avid cycler - when I met him he had 3 bicycles that each cost more than my car! So he bought pieces of expensive bikes and put them together to make really nice bikes for them. There is a huge difference between a bike that you buy at WalMart/Target and the bikes that my dh uses as far as comfort level. My mom had bought like 3 bikes and kept returning them because they didn't feel as good to ride as mine. Finally my husband told her exactly what to buy and my mom got one off of craigslist from a student.
    But for my oldest, we bought a 3 wheel adult trike from WalMart - he has autism and couldn't ever get the hang of balancing.

Answer by missanc at 3:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• Dh has a trek... I still can't believe I let him spend that much money on a bike!! Ds got a huffy (?) I think for his birthday. He turned 4, and We figured he would out grow it in a few years.... DD is getting a bike for her birthday from her mimi and she will be 3. Once they get older, they will get nicer bikes, but for now, they get to pick whatever they want.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 3:35 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• Both from Toys r us, they got to pick them out they are both 20inch ones, for the 7 and 9 year old.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• dk
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2012