Question about claiming child care income on taxes

The parent of the child I provided day care for is requesting a form of some sort for me to fill out so that she may give it to her tax preparer to claim child care expenses. Does anyone know where I can find something already made up that I can fill in or just copy?

MrsLaher

Asked by MrsLaher at 1:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• It should be a 1099
    Anonymous

• I'll pm you the form i use for my parents.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• What they are looking for is receipts,and something with your name and ss# on it so she can say she was your employee. I would type up a letter saying she has paid X amount per week since whatever date, sign date and give your SS# and that should be enough.

Answer by gemgem at 1:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You can check the IRS website, they have all those forms.......... irs.gov
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It's not a 1099. Check the IRS website like the above poster said.
    Anonymous

• I sent you the W-10 form I use to give to my parents and they had no problems using it to get their taxes done. Also I keep a receipt book that ha triplicate copies, one copy is givent o parent at the payment time, the second copy i attach to my copy of the w-10 at he end of the year and the 3rd copy i keepin their file. hope this helps.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• sorry about the spelling lol its been a long morning and i am going fast
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• QUOTE: "What they are looking for is receipts,and something with your name and ss# on it so she can say she was your employee. I would type up a letter saying she has paid X amount per week since whatever date, sign date and give your SS# and that should be enough."

This is more than enough. All she really needs is the amount paid to you for the year, and your SS#. I have never been asked to show receipts, but then I've never been audited. When I had my son in home daycare, I just asked for her SS# over the phone, and I figured out an estimate for what I paid her. As far as I know, there isn't an offical form from the IRS that she needs, but she might want a receipt in case she ever gets audited.
    lalabear88

Answer by lalabear88 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• She just needs a reciept for the amount she paid you last year and your SSN so she can claim the dependent care expenses credit. My home daycare provider just gives me a very simple handwritten document with those things on it and I am able to claim the credit.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• All she needs is your SSN. My babysitter and I just always calculated the yearly total at the end of the year and agreed on it. And I had her ssn to file it on my taxes. You don't need a form. (at least if you efile)
    Anonymous