Do you wear red lipstick?

I happen to think it looks good on very few women, even when they think it looks great. What do you think?

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 1:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• You are right, red looks good only on a few women. I look good in red clothes, but lipstick, fingernail polish - forget it. I have found a trick to being able to wear red though - Use brown lip liner (and blend) and dab a bit of brown lipstick on top of the red with a lip brush just on the inside corners and blend toward the center. It retains the "true red" look and matches your clothes, but doesn't look harsh. As a bonus, shading with a dark color on the inside corners makes your lips look more plump. For fingernail polish, Use a dark brown, then brush the true red on top.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I can't wear red lipstick but I have always wanted to.. :o(
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• oh yeah..oops and I am with you. Few VERY few women can get away with wearing a true blue/red lipstick
    mamakirs

• i agree with you, I wish I could, I think it looks good on christina aguilera when she is going for the "marilyn monroe" look
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 1:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would look like a circus clown lol I think red lipstick is pretty but the only thing red I can wear is a nice top with black pants lol
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 2:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• thats a great tip flymom!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think it is all about picking the right shade of red for your skin tone,it has warm or cool undertones in it.Either has blues or oranges or pinks in it so you gotta go by your skin tone and buy what works best.For ex: pale tones work best w/ pink or berry tones,even plums and warm skin tones should look for blue ,brown or orangey reds. I think the right shade of red is classic ,feminine and sexy

nikki7376

Answer by nikki7376 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• My favorite color.
    momofalicia

Answer by momofalicia at 5:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• red stain, with gloss... so that it's just a hint of natural red. But no, not actual red lipstick. I go for pinks and mauve when it comes to lipstick.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I haven't tried red lipstick in quite a while , I agree with mikki7376, you need to find the correct shade for you skin tone, I have a lot of olive in my rather pale face, my heritage is Ukrainian and Black Irish, so I sort of stay away from the reds I go for more the mauve's in the darker tones and use lip liner and blend . Going to a department store and asking for help in choosing a red shade can be fun, and be sure to take a friend who willbe brutally honest, not one that wants to please you, Good luck
    Ravynsmom

Answer by Ravynsmom at 6:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2009