I'm 35 with 3 kids ages 13,5,and 5 months. I would love to have another before I'm 36 but my hubby doesn't. What do i do?

How can i change my husbands mind about having our last child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You can't. Unless both people want another baby, you just don't do it. It's not fair to the kid.
    Anonymous

• I don't think you can change his mind but maybe try to talk again about it. If you accidentally get pregnant on purpose he will resent you and the baby.

Anonymous

• yes to the 1st 2 answers
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You can discuss it with him (good luck), just deal with it (suck it up), or leave him (is it really that important?). I understand wanting another baby (I want one too), but you can't MAKE him want what he doesn't want anymore than he can MAKE you not want what you do want. I think the best you can do is let him know how you feel, and maybe he'll come around (hasn't worked for me yet, and I'm already 36).
    Anonymous

• All the other answers are what I was going to say. Try to discuss it with him but you can't change someone's mind.
    LND

Answer by LND at 3:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• That is not true... I wanted another child so badly and my husband didnt and I sat him down and really spoke to him from the heart with the pros and cons and he understood were I was coming from and looked at it a different way and we have trying for #3 for 6 months now.. Good Luck and dont let the other ladies get you down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Feb. 5, 2009

• personally, I would say count your blessings. You have 3 beautiful children, you have been blessed. Having children is a joint decision. Your hub might miss you, having another baby could put more distance and thats not good either.
    If you feel you would absolutely choose to be miserable if you don't have another child, then yes you need to express to your husband why you feel it's so important to have one more and if he see's things your way, then thats wonderful, but if he doesn't, I believe you should respect that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Feb. 5, 2009