Are You Living Above or Below You're Means?

I would say below, need to pay off one item then I'm done. No eating out as much, no cable , new items and holding back on buying a new place or any place. Was able to reduce interest on a car to single digit. How are you copping? Is it working?

Asked by mto3821 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2012 in Money & Work

• below my means

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• About 2 years ago, roughly. My DH had a better paying job. The bills we have now could be paid easily and we had extra to spend. he lost that job, and he got another job paying half what he use to. We are barely paying our bills. I hate barely making it like this. I sucks.

Answer by louise2 at 7:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• at

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• We live below our means andas a result we only have one bill/payment and that is the mortgage on the house. Since we JUST bought the house in October I think it'll be awhile before we get it payed off, However we also bought below what we could afford as well.

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:51 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• It hurts but who knows what will happen next year, that is my reason. I sit here trying to figure out what to cut more of, also have a business if needed. I hear South Dakota is Booming check out

Energy Boom in West Creating Jobs and Growth, but Changing Way of Life

Comment by mto3821 (original poster) at 7:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• We live within our means.

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:57 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• We are currently adjusting our lives from being employed to retired. So we are still living above our means. Hopefully much much sooner than later we will be even, living within our means.

Answer by meooma at 8:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• Not sure meooma what at is, or with in. Not suffering at all. Also a form of retiring I know young to be doing it but jobs are not fun either. I see to many hit 40 cant get jobs or too sick to do anything.  DH and I just want to hang out.

Comment by mto3821 (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• We are living at the rate that is comfortable while still being able to save adequately for retirement, our daughters' educations, and emergencies. I suppose most would call it "below" our means because so much of our savings go into investments or savings, but we would rather make the sacrifices now than later.

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2012

• That's what I mean Mom-2-3-Girlz   not meant to be a bad thing, So much junk being trown at us each day, I see garages with so much stuff people cant get the car in

Comment by mto3821 (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Aug. 9, 2012