Anyone here believe in The Law Of Attraction? Yes or no, please give a reason for your opinion.

amydh

Asked by amydh at 1:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm kind of on the fence, but leaning towards Yes. I think that if you focus your will and energy on something enough, it will come to you.

On the other hand, I sometimes think that everything works out the way it is supposed to...like the Universe is set in motion and you're just a part of the story...
    Anonymous

• i read that book, i didnt quite understand it but i was only 17. i still have it i should give it another go.
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes, to a point...I think the law of attraction as we understand it doesn't take into account the impact on the people or world around us. It can be used quite selfishly it seems.
    Angelfey

Answer by Angelfey at 2:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes i believe in it. Watch the movie "the sectret".
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes I do. I've noticed that just in terms of how you feel emotionally... if you are putting out good thoughts, you feel better and good things start happening to keep up that good mood. If you're being negative, you're just going to attract more junk to come along and keep you in a bad mood.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think to an extent, but not in the way this book probably explains it. I think that if you truly want something you won't just get it, but you will work hard to find a way to get it for yourself. Or you won't get it because you shouldn't get it. That last part didn't make much sense did it? Lol.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes, I do. I definitely believe that we create our reality as we go along, more or less creators of our experience. How we perceive what we see affects what we'll "see" in the future.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 6:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Yes, I sure do... I have seen it in action.

Does it work? Yep! Is it easy to change the way you think? Nope! That's the real key. You have to change the way you live and the way you think...

If you put possative energy out it will always come back... And the same for negative. Now, does it mean that if you put out posative energy that you will ONLY get posative back? Nope... Unfortunatly nothing's perfect. But yes, it works!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I think it only works on a micro level, like keeping some of your New Year's resolutions. It is basically a repackaging of "the power of positive thiinking." If you adopt the law of attraction as your view of the way the world works, you will eventually be disappointed.  You are not ultimately in control.  God is. 

Also, the law of attraction doesn't foster much compassion for people who are afflicted with cancer or lose their jobs, etc.  You're supposed to stay away from them, lest they drag you down with them.

3are_a_blessing

Answer by 3are_a_blessing at 11:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You mean like in the "Secret?" I think its the biggest buch on BS I have heard in a long time. Orchastrated by Satan himself...IMO.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 1:31 AM on Feb. 5, 2009