Not a Question, but wanted to share!

In May my son threatened to kill himself. He put a knife to his throat and said he would do it. I called 911 but he ended up coming home. Then about 2 weeks later he did it again. This time I was at work and my ex called 911 and he went back to the hospital and this time they kept him.

We had been having a lot of problems with him, doing drugs and stealing. He stole money from his sisters and brother, me . He even stole the head phones I got from the Ellen Degeneres Show. We got them back but it was so upsetting.

Anyway he has been in a treatment center since. He has been there for just about 3 months. And I have to say, he has made some awesome progress!! He is no longer mad and angry, and he is of course off the drugs. He feels bad for what he did to his sisters (stealing their money) and to me.

He has had some home visits for a few hours here and there. When he is home its actually a pleasure to have him here. We talk again and we laugh. Theres no more yelling and fighting with any of us. He gets along with his sisters and they give him hugs and kisses again.

He has done awesome and he can come home but he is afraid of falling back into the same habbits and doing drugs again. He wants to stay another month to gain the strength to keep away from the drugs. This has been the worst year of my life but my son is getting better and is becoming the young man that he had hidden behind his anger. I am so proud of him and I love his so very much.

All his problems started because of bullying. He was bullied his whole life. We tried moving but that didnt help it actually got worse there. He was expelled for carrying a knife because he was afriad of getting beat up after school. He also has Abandonment issues. But he is working on all of this and he is just an amazing young man.

Sorry this is sooo long but I needed to share this. I am so proud of him and I want the world to know! Thanks for letting me post about him on here!

Ambear72

Asked by Ambear72 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 10, 2012 in Teens (13-17)

• That's great that he is gaining a more positive outlook on life. Teen years are some of the hardest.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• That's Awesome mom!!!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• Yay!! :) That's great!
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 12:47 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• That is great... I'm happy he's doing so much better.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:43 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• congrats to him on hard work and progress
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:01 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• i am so glad to hear that he is getting help and doig so much better.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:24 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• Good luck

Answer by louise2 at 7:28 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• We had a 15 y/o boy in our school system that eventually did commit suicide back in March. He also was being bullied. I knew the mom. She was my mentor when I started my job. Both her boys were in cub scouts and boy scouts with my son and dh. It was so sad. If bullying is going on in school the school needs to be aware of the situation and they need to follow your wishes on how to handle things. In our high school we have 2 cops stationed there. They are great with the kids and some kids have actually gone to them during class changing to talk about stuff. You need to keep the lines of communication open. We do that at dinner and sometimes on the weekends at breakfast/brunch.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:08 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• A great success. wonderful
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:09 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• Glad he's gotten help and is getting better :)
    I hope it sticks with him
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:39 AM on Aug. 10, 2012