How long does it normally take to start back ovulating after coming off the depo shot?

I am concerned to how long it can take me to get pregnant after being on the depo for 2 years now..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Aug. 10, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• Ive read it can take anywhere from 3 months to a year.
    a_mother_thrice

Answer by a_mother_thrice at 1:49 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• Thats what I have been reading too. I wish I had of been reading what I am reading now about this depo shot. I have little girl but I would like at least 2 more children and I was hoping to them while I am still young. My little girl is 3 years old and didn't want them to be 5 years apart. So does this work differently on every woman based on there body I wonder. My sister was on the depo for about a year and after she stopped the depo she was pregnant with in 4 months after her last shot. So what do you think???
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:07 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• 6 months in and things should be pretty normal for you again I would think
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:59 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• It really depends on the person and how long they were on it. My SIL was on it for 12 years straight and never did ovulate without the hlep of drugs until two pregnancies and 9 months after she stopped.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:58 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• It took me over a year both times. The first time I was on it for about a year, then another year went by before my cycles started again.
    With the second I only got the shot twice (so for about 6 months) then over a year later started to get my cycles back again.
    Who knows this time.... but we're done having babies so we're not worried about it.

If you want to up your chances, talk to your doctor about natural fertility methods. Like vitamin B12...can't hurt!
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:29 AM on Aug. 10, 2012

• Hey depo buddy :) I've been on depo for 2 years also, just stopped (my last shot was scheduled June 25 which I cancelled). I've taken one HPT so far since stopping Depo...I think I'll take a test on the 25th of every month.
    I've heard of people not conceiving for years after stopping depo and I've also heard stories of people conceiving only a few months after stopping so anything is possible.
    Good luck to you!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 12:00 PM on Aug. 10, 2012

• My sister was off for around 2 to 3 months and got pregnant

jthough407

Answer by jthough407 at 6:17 PM on Aug. 10, 2012

• I think it depends on the person and how long they were on it. I was only on it for 2 shots (6 months). I was suppose to renew in Feb 2012 and I didnt. I got my first period back 2 weeks after my I was suppose to get my shot and I've been regular ever since with a period on time every month, until today. I'm suppose to start today and nothing so far. No clue if I am actually ovulating though or not. Maybe I'm just stressed and dont know it lol.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 7:35 PM on Aug. 11, 2012

• Thanks all yall's advice was very helpful. Do you think taking prenatal vitimains would help or even something from GNC that is suppose to help ovulation?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Aug. 19, 2012

• 2 to 3 months
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 9:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2012