for my wedding does this sound like a good idea in california?

im a girl but i dont want a big wedding. All my family is on the east coast i only have my mom out here. He has his family but there mexican no offense and im white,they dont belive in marriage i dont know why,Not to mention me n the boyfriend arent rich for one either hahah. but i was thinkin just me him and our son. i would where a cocktail dress fancy but not out there like a wedding dress,we would get married in the courts and go to a fancy dinner. I would have him buy a cake from a bakery that would say something like newlyweds,what do you all think any suggestions on a cheap simple wedding like this?

Lauren2008

Asked by Lauren2008 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I GOT MARRIED IN THE COURTHOUSE AND THEN WENT TO BREAKFAST AT VILLAGE INN WITH MY MOM AND GRAMS IT WAS REALLY NICE
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• If you are comfortable, then go with it. It is your wedding day, and your memories to have. If you think that you would like this type of ceremony, then go for it. I think that in some states they also like you to have two witnesses to the ceremony, but I am not sure about in CA.
    Best of luck with the wedding! It will be great, if you make it great.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• me and my fiance are the same way except all my family is here in md ahd his is in il. but me and him thought about either a small wedding nothing big just a fancy dress like you said at like maybe a garden or fountain with our main family and a few friends or the same as you a court house wedding with a beautiful dinner , i say go for it a girl doesnt need a huge wedding to prove shes in love .
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2009