• In the Spotlight:

How am I supposed to call 9-1-1??

If your home alone and your baby is choking how are you supposed to call 911 while trying to save them?

Mikayla_lynn

Asked by Mikayla_lynn at 2:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• you have on hand on the phone and one on the babym or use speaker phone.

Answer by gemgem at 2:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• you don't. you try to save them first. for infants you have them on your arm doing the HM so you can do that while running to the phone...if you can do both at once.
    Anonymous

• well ya know i was going to say is this just a question? or is something wrong but i would hope if your child was choking you wouldnt be on the computer.lol but ya never know sometimes.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I really don't like that question. You can never prepare yourself for anything like that. Even if you have practiced it over and over and over, nothing ever goes the way you expected it in a panic manner. Just pray that God will help you if that time ever comes.
    BooHooMommy

Answer by BooHooMommy at 2:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• This is one of those things that no matter how you plan you will just react and everything will work out.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I agree w/ goaliemom93. You'll be suprised on how quickly your maternal instincts kick into high gear in the event of something like this.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• You need to get help on the way...so I think the minute on the phone is well worth it. Plus they have trained medical professionals to help you help the child. I think you would become super woman when you needed too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2009

• 9 1 1. i have done it a few weeks ago. i had my dh talk while i try to hardest to get whatever he had swollow out. but it was a piece of freaking paper. i well be hard you have to remember to calm yourself down, in yes its hard. very....
    proudyoungmom87

Answer by proudyoungmom87 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2009