My period is 6 days late and I took a PT yesterday afternoon. Should I wait a few more days and Try again? What could be happenng?

Any advice would help. I have been TTC for over 6 months now and this is the first month I'm late.... Thanks For your help.

No2

Asked by No2 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would wait a week, and test again and if your breasts start to feel really tender, test again.
    I took 2 tests at the right time that said not pregnant and I just felt like I was PG. My breasts became very sore a week later, so I took another test and was pregnant. I am 24 weeks now.
    your hormones levels have to hit a certain level to be detectable and even the first response tests have a failure rate. How many days since you ovulated?
    riometz

Answer by riometz at 2:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would also suggest to wait a week, and try another test if your period still hasn't come by then. Also, take it in the morning right after you wake up. Your HCG levels will be higher and the test will have a better chance of working. I took a test and it was negative like you, and then I felt different a week later, took another test and got a positive result. I am almost 27 weeks now. Good Luck!
    MayMommy2Be

Answer by MayMommy2Be at 2:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• It is normal for a women to not have her period up to 35 days. That is what I was told by my doctor. I am going throught the same thing. I should have started my period within the last three days and nothing so far. I have taken two test and both negitive and i also feel like I am pregnet. So I figured that I will just wait for another few days and see what happens.
    BARBMASTEL1

Answer by BARBMASTEL1 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2009