I need to clarify my question about how you ladies feel about your husband going to cook for other women?

Let me tell you ladies this: the woman is not married, she lives with her two kids, the other women at the dinner are married, and only one husband showed up. we all work together, and I have been really uncomfortable at work since then. And yes I was invited, but I dont feel comfortable with this particular woman, and I CHOSE to not go. I told my husband how I felt, and he said it was going to be innocent. He does cook at home, as a matter of fact, we both cook, we take turns as well. This has not been easy for me, b/c this woman is also the same person that told ME to treat my husband right, b/c he is such a good man. (maybe b/c I am not such a good person...??) Just wanted to know what you ladies thought, thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.

Stel1259

Asked by Stel1259 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Well for me I trust my husband to the fullest just because he is very trustworthy. I don't know how your hubby is so you would have to be the judge. As for this woman she might need to find another man who is not married to cook for her. I guess i don't understand why he even has to cook for her. Anyway all i'm saying is try to trust him, he is your life long partner.
    1grl2bys

Answer by 1grl2bys at 2:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• you mean it was like a dinner that your co-workers did? and you and your dh was invited, he went but you didn't? how did he end up cooking? oh lord i'm confused...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If you told your husband how you feel about the situation and he still went to cook for this woman I would be very upset!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• there must be another post that explains this better than what is here. I have no clue what this means. Why would he go cook for other women you work for without you going as well? I bet that was fodder for the gossipers at work. If you are a couple then why are you not going out together as a couple? It just isn't making sense to me. If it were me I'd be there with him. Not about not trusting him but showing that you two are a solid couple. JMO

Answer by admckenzie at 3:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I'm with the others who don't really understand the situation with the dinner
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• okay well here goes, earlier i posted a question in regards to how do you ladies feel about having your husband go and cook for another woman. i wasnt clear in the explanation, so i posted it again. anyway, my husband and i have been married just nine months, and he is a great cook, but so am i. we love cooking for each other, but this particular time, this woman kept bugging my husband to go over and cook, that she would buy everything. I personally found it innappropriate, and let him know about it, but he said it all was all innocent. I guess i have insecurities about the whole thing. this woman works at the same place i do, and i am very uncomfortable now. my husband cant figure out why, but its just been hard for me. i just stay in my office, and away from people.
    Stel1259

Answer by Stel1259 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I would keep my eye on this women...sounds wierd to me that she would ask a married man to come over & cook for her. You can probably trust your husband,but dont trust her!
    I also think it was wrong for him to go after you told him how you felt...JMO.

I hope it all works out for the best.
    KimSecrets

Answer by KimSecrets at 3:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• THANKS I have been stressing alot lately, and I really dont need this agravation. I have to focus on my job, and my marriage. I am glad that you ladies are here.......God bless!!!
    Stel1259

Answer by Stel1259 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• If it makes you uncomfortable or insecure, he needs respect the way you feel regardless of what he "thinks" you should be feeling about it! btw- I don't consider myself jealous at all, but that would make me feel uncomfortable too. Sounds like this woman is a trouble maker, make sure she sees how much u & hubby love eachother:) That'll keep her away :0
    Jessiemay999

Answer by Jessiemay999 at 4:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

• Oh boy I know I would have gone regardless of me being uncomfortable. He needs not to put himself in that position "Stay above reproach" its called " appearance of evil". Blessings. Protect your man and set bounderies
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2009