Rash on feet

My son has had a rash on his feet for a month now... They are driving him nuts and he scratches them all night.. The pediatrician didn't know what it was, gave him some cream that didn't work and sent him to the dermatologist. The dermatologist said she thought it was viral and it would go away on its own, and said sometimes it could take up to 12 weeks. She also said to stop using rubber shoes and put him in cotton socks and shoes to make sure he's not allergic to the shows.... Has anyone had anything similar to this happen to one of their kids?.

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 10, 2012 in Kids' Health

• I remember my brother had rash-y, itchy feet. I have no real memory of what it looked like, but I know my dad used to wash brother's feet with hydrogen peroxide. I know his feet peeled and it took a long time for it to get away. Good luck.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:49 PM on Aug. 10, 2012