Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do about my stubborn ex?

My ex and I have been having a lot of issues with the visitation thing and the fact that he hasn't been taking care of our 2 year old daughter. I'd taken advice from people on here about what to do about it and asked him to document her day for me (eating, sleeping, and napping habits) and although he did return with it filled out it wasn't in his hand writing in was written by his aunt who doesn't even live with him and both days seem pretty much the same so I'm not sure that it has any truth to it, I think that they just tried to remember/made it up like an hour before they came to drop her off at the end of the weekend. I have asked him to do this kind of thing before and he refused saying that he doesn't have to so I think he just made things up to shut me up about it without him actually doing it. Is there any consequences for him making things up or telling me lies about what's happening when she is with him?

Answer Question

Asked by rltdancegurl at 2:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • stop asking this question so many times!!!!!!!!!!1

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

  • Unless you can document that she is being abused, neglected or otherwise harmed in his care, I don't think you can do anything about it.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

  • Is there some sort of issue that warrants you having to have a written paper about what goes on when your child is with her father? Has he portrayed any form of behavior that would lead you to believe he is not a good dad? If not the only thing you could do is to watch the behavior of your child when she comes back from visitation. Sometimes the problems that exist between parents gets carried over to the kids. My daughter and her daughters father are fine with things until a disagreement happens between the two. Does not even have anything to do with my little 5 year old granddaughter but she is inevitably brought into it in one form or another. If all is ok. Let your child enjoy being with the absentee parent. Kids need both parents in their lives. As long as they are both stable adults.

    Answer by nana2u10 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.